Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, June 08, 2007

ruined

A one-time neighbor popped by ... he was not in a good way. He had a bad father and was diagnosed with manic-depression in middle school. This was the 70s ladies and gentleman and I believe chemistry has changed since then. Anyway ... he's on and off again with medications and has ballooned to a large weight now. He, at least, has found some highlight in music and church.

I hastily opened the door -- still groggy from getting to bed at close to four am, not yet wearing a shirt. He remarked to me that I was athletic -- pah! I am lighter, to say the least, in contrast to him, but athletic I'm not. On exercise, he remarked that people should knock themselves out working out or exercising. Huh. He doesn't like exercising and he's heavy and had McDonalds for breakfast, complaining about the long line at the drive-thru. It all sounds like a self-fulfilling prophesy to me.

His "dad" is a winner, in that he was married for years, had kids, then discovered he was gay. Bull ---! I really don't think that's an excuse to also be a crappy father to your kids. You're gay, okay ... still be a father, as you started a family. His father is a bad influence on his son with a weak personality.

No comments: