Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Inter - v

I interviewed with a company today. The Human Resources man is also a district manager. Some of the higher-ups like to talk and he was no exception. While there were many odd things about this man, the most telling was that his pupils never changed. I wonder if he was on something. He showed no signs of being under the influence, but one never knows.

I have a second interview set up with him. I wonder how many others will get this opportunity. I didn't ask about the salary, as that might be rude or telling, especially in a first interview.

I might be just spinning my wheels with the interview, but it's my time I'm wasting, so I'm not putting out anyone else. I like where I work now and there are nice potentials and possibilities and the pay is good, but

I don't like the smoking.
The drive is long, but considering everything, that's just another six hours weekly, so it's basically a nit.
I have the strong feeling that I'll stay happily with the company where I now work and will have spent a few hours with the other company as an excercise in interviewing.

With this little success, I feel that I am getting better at interviewing. Now, if I had more to show and bring into the interview --- therein is the second part. My job now should bring me that if I don't stay with them, which I might ... who knows?

No comments: