Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, March 02, 2007

bashed

Man bashing by the women at work is common. "Great", I think ... hours of that stuff!

I didn't shave and my mild scruff was talk, as was a few errors and the non-too-subtle way to explain how to make something. What bothered me, other than the virtual-chimneys, was the "Do you know ... the two unwritten rules?"

Uh, no ... "green perhaps?" How should I know? Best guess ... "soylent green is people"

Stupid question, undeserving of an answer.

1 comment:

MR said...

The corporate world has shut off bashing of any kind. All those little signs that said "of course I don't work as long, I'm a woman, I did it right the first time." And all those little things just disappeared. There used to be all kinds of male-bashing e-mails that circulated the building amongst the angry, never-get-laid's, and that stopped too. I would say there was a few years between the introduction of sexual harrassment guidelines and when the women realized it also applied to them. I know I found myself saying quit a bit "you know, if I said/did that I'd be fired in a second." Actually, I'm POSITIVE that your place of employment has those same guidelines--should have been among the videos you watched. Male-bashing creates a hostile environment, the corporate citation should be very handy around that place somewhere, and as a manager, you can shut that off like the water faucet. It's a free country still, they can say what they want, but this free country doesn't have to give them a job if they choose to talk like that. The removal of male-bashing and the no-smoking policies are some of my favorite legislature.