Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Salt

At my hands-on job, I work with salt (sodium chloride, potassium, etc.). I have checked my blood pressure and it is fine, yet my pulse is running high, as of late. I smell fairly clean, but my hands -- yuck. They smell like work. I tried soaps, shampoo, windex ... all to no avail. Today, it is time to try something new.

Last night I had a burning sensation in my fingertips from the handling of the heavy-salt items. While the cold preventions bacterial growth, the salt kills even more. I think the more I handle it, the more it'll sting. I'll look for disposable gloves soon. I washed my hands repeatedly and moments later -- ouch! There is one item espcecially that is overly salted. It is not something I use in my general life outside of work.

I'm a vegetarian now ... I could not "go back" after smelling it and working with meat during the day. Granted, it's processed, then processed, then processed, but still ... stink, as is the basis of my non-meat eating ways.

No comments: