Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

by viewers unlike me

So, the trend that I see in my limited TV watching is: shock and repel. Let's take the Snicker's commercial. It's shock and repel. It was stupid and then topped itself with homosexuality. Okay, how many times has your heterosexual friend leaned over to eat something dangling out of your mouth ... [wait for it] ... NEVER. The Geico commercials are fair and balanced with stupidity between two reckless and pounded ideas: speaking gecko and caveman. The caveman at the airport or any other such nonsense ... SCHTUPID! If they can save you that much money, how do they afford the commercials?

I'm waiting, for I know it'll be soon, that some commercial will have animals humping in the background, unrelated to the product or service. This will be memorable and will be aired over and over again. The SUV and truck commercials tout environment and mileage while driving over rugged mountains tearing through agave plants. There's a Nissan commercial with a couple who speed through town, because of the woman's question, "Do you think we'll make it".

Commercial pastureland, in a manner of speaking, if it looks, smells, and acts like manure -- it probably is. Of course, the TV shows are pretty fairly manure too, so they go together like a soap opera marriage -- infidelity rampant.

4 comments:

Cerpicio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cerpicio said...

MH, you take things far too seriously. I enjoy the caveman commercials. Do you think they are expenseive to make? It's just some make-up and a couple actors, it's not like it's all computer graphics or big-name celebrities. Besides, you wrote about it in your blog, thus bringing more attention to the company. Their ad worked.

As for the Snicker's commercial, I don't see what all the hype was about. I thought it was hilarious. The second guy saw the candy bar and wanted some, so he took a bite. They got carried away and ended up touching lips. Big deal.

Marcus said...

I'll try to tone it down.

Cerpicio said...

Not to rant, but I just don't understand how and why people get so critical of things. I recently saw "World Trade Center" and then saw your comments. I thought it was a good movie. I'm not a Nic Cage fan, but I thought he did well in this role. You, and movie critics in general, always seems to pick movies apart, citing technical problems or whatever.

I just sit back, relax, and watch it for what it is. I don't analyze the actor's ability (unless it's glaringly bad); I don't second-guess the writer and director.

Maybe it's just me and I should watch the movie at a deeper thought-level; not just what's on the screen but think about the process of it all.

Just sayin'