Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

sliken new blahs

I have applied to places and been given no feedback -- grrr. I will note for those just entering the application race that FW is hardly hiring. Lafayette, Indianapolis, Chicagoland, and Columbus, OH are hiring. For the right area/discipline, Cincinnati is hiring.

I have seen a lumber company that either has the highest turnover rate possible, turnstyle employment or they select one person out of a thousand and interview only that one person. In any case, the company, I won't use the name, has had the same job opportunities listed for months. That shows something and I don't think it's positive.

Another field that is "growing" to be a bother is insurance. If I had an insurance license and an interest in selling what people don't need from a company that will likely find loopholes to paying, then I could have a job with at least three companies similtaneously. I could be Ned Ryerson (Groundhog Day) -- "Bing".

In the end I find myself being Skeelo, "I Wish"

No comments: