Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

K-Pax reference

Okay ... I thought about it and realized that few readers, as if I had many, would understand the K-Pax reference. Here is the story:

MR asked me one time for A movie that I liked ... just any, just name one. The exclusions were bigger known older movies like Star Wars and the like. "Now I heard the old man say the word at least 40 times a day. By in a flash I blurted out, 'Schwartz'"+. In my case, I blurted out K-Pax. While it was okay, it wasn't a good movie. Upon a preliminary review -- difficult as it was bad enough that no channel plays it, it was choppy, sloppy and unworthy of fanfare.

So, now if you see the reference to K-Pax, you may laugh along with us, as it was a bad word association. Name the first thing that comes to your mind ... K-Pax. okay ... [jots down note: either crazy, likes every movie he watches, or doesn't descriminate. check mark next to crazy]

+ dialogue from Christmas Story, while Ralphie sat on the toilet with Lifeboy soap in his mouth for the use of F - - - word.

2 comments:

MR said...

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh... THAT'S not how it happened. There was no "blurting" whatsoever. It was as ceremonious and carefully considered a question as their ever was. "Name a movie you LIKE." And I waited quite a while for an answer, and K-Pax is was. So confident was your answer, that the next time it was on, I watched it, just to see what kind of movie you like. Ironicly, the reason I pressed you with this question, and waited for the answer, was because I accused you of never wanted to adopt a stance, or be specific about your own ideas, because THEN you could be criticized, like so much President of the United States. And now, for that very reason, you're back-pedalling. I didn't nail you to the cross for that answer, I waited a good while for it, and, having not seen it at the time, got a few more "yups" of affirmation in follow up questions about it. I made a POINT of making sure there was no wiggle room on it, as a matter of fact, because you never...never... and then never say you like something. I think there was a notary public present as a matter of fact.

And I'm actually sorry to see you backing away from it. Yeah, it sucked, but I would have preferred you stuck to your guns on it. You know, like George Bush, despite the criticism he believes this is the defining ideological struggle of our time. And I tend to agree. Just as there was a time in America when you didn't need to lock your car or your house, but now you do, there was a time that we could welcome anyone to our country and now we can't. Anyway, this box it too small to get into that, but I admire his conviction, and if history shows that I'm the "fool that followed him," fuck history, that's how I feel.

Marcus said...

Okay ... I thought about it, while at Applebees adn said, K-Pax. I had a tough time coming up with anytthing new. K-Pax is what I submitted.