Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Huskies' return?

I remember in the 70s ... yes, I'm THAT old, the term "huskies". In The Ref, they refreshed my memeory of this ancient term for fatkid. "Husky", yeah. That makes the boy think, Alaska, Iditarod and his wide -- blubber eating butt trailing behind him like a somewhat manned sled.

Why don't they just say, odd circumstantially, "junk in the trunk boy" or "bubble butt", "wide end receiver"? "Husky" is well known, but "Maximal Gluteous Maximus (MGM)" pants have a certain Hollywood flair. Now, adults don't have to worry about husky this or that. It's 65" waist size and are you really worried about how fat your butt is?

1 comment:

MR said...

"My name is Maximal Gluteous Maximus, and I will have my revenge in this life or the next."

Coliseum chants: MAXIMAL! MAXIMAL! MAXIMAL! MAXIMAL!...

Gladiator