Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Sad little towns

Driving from one city to West Lafayette (Purdue University), I drove by and through many sad little squatter towns. Two were trailers only, with dump pits nearby and others in lowlands, presently flooding. The leafless trees holding no secrets to the sad little parcels. I'm glad that I didn't have to stop. They all mad me a little sad; these dumpy, poor, flooded areas with ramshackle homes. Delphi, Indiana was one such sad little town, but worse still was Burrows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Delphi. Part of the decay is the result of jobs going overseas.

Who do you think inhabits many of those trailers and shacks now ? Illegal aliens, that's who.

Don't be discourged though. In a few years, the midwestern rust belt will resemble the slums of Juarez.