Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Covee of critters

The trip wasn't without critters. There were a few cow farms, a family of deer in a different field and flocks of confused birds. On the campus, several gray squirrels showed disdain for my intrusion -- how dare I be there. On the way back, on a poorly lit road, there was a spot -- carcass on the road. With some clarity as I got closer, another thing was near. I thought to myself that it was a raccoon eating, but dismissed the thought as wrong. I still gave it a wide berth. After I passed it, I saw a raccoon's distinctive hump walk across the road behind, lit by the red running lights of the van. Huh! I'm glad that I missed it.

With the singular flock of birds, I'm disappointed that they still messed on the van. Rotten, ungrateful buggers -- I feed them here.

No comments: