Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Down to three options

It has been months since I have had work. I have applied everywhere. I have been promised calls, even if they were, "no, thanks", I'd want it.

I haven't signed any papers, but I saw that I essentially had three choices:
death,
military,
teaching abroad.

I didn't really want death, have no interest in committing to four years to go abroad and kill people, so I am down to teaching students abroad. Sadly, Canadians speak English, so I wouldn't be moving there or to England. If accepted, I would be in Korea.

This is where I wonder what God's plan for me is. Surely, I would have had one place call to express interest, other than sales jobs. With the bleakness of my situation, I wondered if I could sell insurance, or financial advice, but I can't. In doing figures for an insurance job, I am of a negative value ... no assets and quite a bit of liability. In order to sell, you have to have prospects (potential buyers) and I don't have those.

If I do not get a job offer soon, I will have to take this opportunity. It pays enough that I can pay my bills and secure away a little. The company would provide a furnished apartment.

"Tell me spirit. Are these the things that will be, or might be only."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some would argue that all three of those options send you to Korea. Military - VERY good chance of deployment to Korea before Iraq.
Teaching English to Korean kids - let's see, that a 100% chance of going to Korea.
And those coming back from there say "Korea is Hell on Earth." So, if that's true, and your soul is deemed not worthy, well, you could end up in Korea for eternity.