Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bad calls

I see an open door and want to paint it black. No schooling any more, I want to turn it black.

Sadly, this article, giving little info paints a black (here, I mean dismal) picture of the NAACP in a sour attempt to colorize IUPUI with lawsuits.

Lawsuits regarding discrimination generally do well, unless the defense has a lot of witnesses. While I don't know whether the university is or isn't colorful enough, you can't and should sue someone into hiring people who aren't seeking the position. Also, buildings get torn down for a number of reasons. This should hardly be a case of -- you did it on purpose because the founder was black. Moreover, "outlandish" does describe quite rightly, the demand for a new cultural center made from student fund.

That's a mess, I'm not stepping near it.

No comments: