Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, October 27, 2006

scam scheme


scam scheme
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
This picture looks very much like a pyramid, does it not? I got a do it yourself scam from a company that has the name of a fast car. I will not use the name of the car as someone might try to find the website. Anyway, I got this email with "go here". I knew it was bogus, but cleverly intersting for the foolish.

It used my name in print and in speech in this flash animation. The goal, get people to commit to $10 monthly charge for a doman name essentially. They didn't use that term for fear of someone finding out that you can get one for $10 a year. Anyway, $120 per year, plus pestering people you know to get on baord the BS train. I wonder how many people jumped in on this.

Really, once they put up this screen, any person could see -- pyramid. I had it playing in the background, then every now and then flipped to it. When I saw later the $10 monthly, I rewound the animation and saw this.

During the animation, the woman here sat in a chair during part of it. My question would be, why?

No comments: