Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, October 02, 2006

filth and mire

videos on the net, ever possible, but some leave you with the qeustion, "why" or more appropriately, "who would ...". Amy was at Monkeyjack's last night and introduced us all to a website with hundreds of videos -- many of which panders to the sick. I wonder why MR mentioned Videodrome the other night, it's relevancy now comes into focus. I only saw one video that I hadn't seen, while tasteless it wasn't sickening. It was, however 'R' rated material. What Lori, Monkeyjack's wife, told me was that one they (Monkeyjack, Lori, Amy) watched while I was battling the boys, was "tossed salad"+ and more. I'm glad that my time was spent playing rather than watching the sad, sick, twisted nature of people.

I would have thought, sometime within you seeing what was going on you would: kill the video, kill the page, turn off the sound and monitor, or escape the room as though it were on fire. They did none of these and watched it. Amy was introduced to this by a co-worker. She works in schools -- you think about that! I was told about it and won't see it and won't tell the website. For me ... it is the better part of valor not to carry the message at all.

Even more so than the TV, monitor what your family watches -- you may undo all of your work, by enabling curisoity that doesn't kill the cat.

+ I had mentioned that I recently had typed in the term to find out its menaing and was grossed-out to find the preversions of people, but shouldn't have been shocked. I think this sparked a memory in Amy's veiwing with the co-worker (notice I didn't use, "friend")

3 comments:

MR said...

But what was the motive in Amy passing it on to you folks? And after her description of the atrocity, why then were they compelled to go there and watch? Do you think Amy and those who watched are in the group of people you described. Sure there are those who do it and film it, but what of the people who watch it?

Marcus said...

I think that Monkeyjack and Lori weren't really aware of the content until it was part-way in. You'll really have to ask Monkeyjack about it.

MR said...

Okay then, what about Amy? She was aware of the content and shared it with others. I'm assuming tossed salad = analingus.