Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I don't wanna!

I have an interview today, for which I'm to allow one to two hours. What the? I'm to bring a recent copy of my resume' and a list of questions.
So, if I sent my resume to get the job, then why do they need it again?
I have never, and I mean never, had a two hour interview. The longest interview I've had, sans demonstration of products, was 35 minutes. It's like a bad date after a while. So, is there a way that I could not insult you too badly by running the [blank] away from this? You see .. I think live liver extraction might be more pleasant. One to two hours ... talking about the history of the company, career path ... It sounds like mumbo jumbo, hocus pocus. You have the box of stuff that everyone wants, then you sell that and make money.
Actually, it's selling financial to senior citizens, but apart from cold calling, I guess I'm to either get a condo for presentations, rent out a local restaraunt for free lunch and consultation, or sell my soul to Satan. Ha! I don't think so ... uh, uh. No, sir.
I guess I'll go; I don't know. Sounds like a typical sales job. He already planned a one to two hour interview? To talk about what? Maybe there's something else planned. I've been targeted by the mob. Show up for death. I'll look to see if I'm walking on plastic.

No comments: