Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Chucky 2

"Hey! You got Chucky 2?"
"Uh, no. You see, it's just in..."
"Well, Eye-on-Video got it!"
---
What is a Chucky 2? The above was an exchange about Chucky 2 with an urbanite. Chucky 2, Child's Play 2, was just then in the theater and this fool came in asking for it, pleasantries aside. I remember this because of I-am-bored.com's posting of Chad Vader 2: Day-shift Manager.
I believe the three of us, directed her to go to Eye-On-Video to get the bloody thing if they had it. Ah, I remember having to deal with many urbanites, with whom I would naturally not come into contact. It was like a nature excursion into the rain forests. "Wow! You don't see that every day! Golly, look that that one! This one must be a newer species."

If you haven't ever worked in retail or service in an urban area, you won't have any idea about what I'm typing, but it's real and not imagined.

I experienced live, open diaper changing, child abuse (physical), theft, drug dealers, "pimps", Appalachian peoples, and some persons so urban, that the concept of personal property was beyond their intellect. In reflection, I'd say that the job was enlightening, but I should have opted for the shorter course. I could say that the same for my relationship with who is now my ex. Had I not been at that place, I never would have met her. It wasn't a bad learning course ... just too long and the stupidity of her, rubbed onto me.

I saw Clerks, but won't see Clerks II, despite its relevancy to my previous jobs. I found the Randy character worthy of a slow, hate-crimes dragging death, but it wasn't forthcoming. It was intentionally disturbing and I found it ... well, not really my type of movie. I watched it twice and quote bits here and there, but I cannot recommend it in good conscience.

I therefore won't see Clerks II or any more Chucky movies -- each worse than the last. Gracious ... you'd think that some people would jump ship, but getting into acting in difficult, so you take your lumps with B, C, D, and F movies first. In thinking about it ... Tim Burton should take over directing the Child's Play series, trying to make a run equal with Land Before Time and Friday the 13th. You might not think they are similar, but really ... each one worse than the previous ... only fillers for those incapaable of escaping the stick figure 4 page comic book.

2 comments:

MR said...

"What is a DAZZLING URBANITE like yourself doing in a place like this?"

"I'M TRYIN' TO RENT CHUCKY 2!"

"No, no...don't do that, don't shoot 'em, it'll just make him mad."

MR said...

You'll be happy to know that Comcast On-Demand has not only "Chucky 2" available, but also "Chucky 3" this month. I believe Eye-On Video had the third one before it was even made.