Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Sound of one hand clapping

A while ago, I used a phrase I thought common enough, but it like spilt water.
 
There's, "don't cry over spilt milk", but water generates even less of a reaction.  After my comment "disappeared like a fart in the wind"*1, I saw that people areound were looking "as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears."*2.  I suppose that I should just use English or "just use the keyboard".
 
No one understands you when you speak a confusing 'tongue', while the speaker expects you know.  I guess it's like people approaching you about a band or group assuming that you know all about it or them.  Nope, no idea, no clue.  This would be like Black-Eyed Peas, which was 'regrouped' from Easy-E++.  I don't see the connection, but that's wikipedia.  Easy-E, of course, I could use around friends as a phrase for one-upping 2-Live Crew and surpassing all in early Gangster Rap.  When your "song" is about grabbing a prostitute off the street, raping her in the car, killing her, then dropping the body on the street, you'd think that it couldn't get worse.  I was wrong.
 
I'm kinda wonderin', since I didn't want to hear anything after that, was how could you get a woman to get into the group and "sing".  That baffles me.  Somehow, I think there's missing data.
 
*1 Shawshank Redeptions
*2 Christmas Story
 
++ according to one addition to wikipedia, Easy-E died from his AIDS condition.  How ironic that a man proclaiming evil, condoning evil, died from recklessness -- a slow, agonizing death for most.  My one hand clapping is for the irony here ... dead from evil

No comments: