Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

neighborhood stereo bully

He's smokes, he drinks, he plays his stereo loudly ... he's my neighbor. You can't pick 'em, and don't dare join 'em. He's not without good qualities, but the smoke going into the AC daily -- aggrivating! The stereo, bothersome, but I hope, with higher gas prices that he turns off his ruddy truck more often, therefore more likely to also off the stereo. It is the urban thing to do -- have a stereo on wheels.

I used to deafen myself and others with my music, but I think that my inferior (stereo envy) systems in all of my cars have all been well surpassed. I think the cicadas each excel my vehicles' music by 12 + Db. Anyway ... irksome. I don't mind so much the afternoon or morning or mid-evening thing, but the 1:00 or 5:00 thing ... he has to know that more than fifty percent of his neighbors are sleeping at that time.

No comments: