Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Betting on work

I have now 8 or so accounts with places trying to get jobs. I review that I've had very few employers read my resume' but my resume has appeared in employer searches. I could drop cash for "get noticed now", but I think I'll pass, as that isn't a guarantee for a job. It's odd that I should pay an employer to hire me. What kind of unnatural order is that?

I now more frequently get, "[we] noticed your posting and invite you to this 'exclusive' meeting at these times. This is an excellent marketing opportunity for the 'right individual'. Our people, on average* earn $45,000 - $90,000 the first year."

What I'd like is a chance not fluffy, hooey, or more stinking sales ptiches for a person, myself, seeking a friggin' job!

....
I did see an interesting ploy: internet researchers needed
After reading the paragraphs of ambiguities you're left with, WTH? I hit the link and there, a questionaire, which is really what the persons hired would be doing, getting info about people: name, address, email, interests, other bio info the person was stupid enough to dispense. I think, laterally, the Nigerian prince might be as likely real as this database dump.

* be weary of stats. Example: on average of "our people" could be sample of top 15 performers in booming Seattle, Washington, 2001; or similar.

No comments: