Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Coffee run stopped short


library
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
MR got hosed again trying to quickly grab a cup of coffee at a library vending machine. They are conspiring against him, no doubt. What's strange here, not that they are closed, but why he chose to visit this one, as the library closest to him is 4.2 minutes (with traffic) from his house. It must be that they don't have coffee vending machines yet. The last time I was there, they were without. They have a miniscule vestibule, with a payphone; that's it. Within the Aboite library there are rooms for reservation, but I don't remember any soda machines or coffee machines. I suppose that's due to it's structure (no room to install them) and that there are three coffee shops within 3 minutes of the library. Why bother, eh?

What I also like about this shot is that MR seems to have a big head (from the shadow), but the sign isn't that large and in the refelction you can see the phone, the hand, then that the head-shape is really him, standing slightly to the side, right foot forward -- dark shirt. Lighting indicates he was at the front entrance, also logically faster access to coffee.

No coffee for you! They do have reasonable coffee, albeit hotter than you could drink immediately, for $1. That puts Starbucks to shame -- wreched fools!

The folks mentioned that they bought starbucks juice-tea at Starbucks and paid $3.50 for 8 oz, with ice --> less than 4 oz of liquid. Bite me! I will not send money Starbucks.

That's a nice little coffe. I don't know that it's worth $7, but that's good coffee. Much like Pulp Fiction's $5 milkshake.

1 comment:

MR said...

...and pulling up behind me is a car with a very unsightly woman who would ask, as I walked away, "do you work here?" I scoffed at her "No! If *I* worked here, they would be open on Saturdays." "Oh well, I saw you were there doing something and..." (volume trails off as I continue to walk away from those who would force conversation about anything. As I pulled away, I saw her unloading a bunch of books into the drop slot, I was mildly curious what she was going to say if I did work there. Was she going to ask for help unloading the books?! I should have said "yes" (if someone asks you if you work at the library, you say YES -- paraphrased from Ghostbusters). Then listened to her blathering, then said "screw off, lady, they don't play me enough to talk to you. As a matter of fact, I quit!"