Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

possibly related to reality

for twenty minutes I spent midway between sleep and conciousness: foolishly I tried to develop this to think and understand. I am not yet accomplished, but am a little better at this messy phase of remembering dreams, still vaguely aware of the surroundings.

I dreamt of walking in a lake, the shallows wonderfully weedy with tiny marks on the submerged leafs, frogs eggs, hints of fish -- thinking of life abounding, then
muted blue sky (partially remembering a poor picture I took with a camera; part of the roof making not a square shape but rather a rounded trapezoid) with a yellow dandelion next to a seeded fluffy, white puff dandelion; then
songs indistinct, floods of rainbow colors (not rainbows), then
my hands manipulating something ... control; then
voices, then
smells of summer, the lake -- knowing that there was an all-wooden pier next to me, a metal rowboat there too
I was supposed to do something

asleep

wake -- wondering what? How long was I asleep -- 12 minutes.

At this same time, I was aware that I was resting, lying on my back -- on bed, blue walls, dark room, I hadn't dressed for bed, instead wearing jeans and shirt smelling slightly of smoke due to a person who chose a conversation with me was a smoker -- I knew I was free thinking -- dreaming, yet could rationalize/reason ... why would I ever smoke pot if this is how my mind works -- madness, dwelling in bizarre random images, only slightly in my control, more just experiencing a carnival booth ride (closed trailer with parnoramic screen and moving seats)

I'm thankful that it wasn't interactive with bladder dreams and water spills -- eww!

1 comment:

MR said...

Let's see... flowers, something sort of trapazoid shaped, and rainbow colors.

you know how I know you're gay? read above. This is more distinct than the "I like balls in my face" bumper sticker. And Coldplay doesn't hold a candle to it.