Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ways of finding cheer

in the stupid memories of anything ...
I'm very sad, yet images to cheer me enter my mind ...
There is a child's book I remember liking ... hidden somewhere here about Owl. He ran out of water for a special tea so he thought of sad thoughts to fill a kettle for his special brew. He thought of childish sorrows -- empty plate of cookies, kite with broken tail ... slowly the kettle filled. From his sorrow came goodness.

I express myself but never share. People around me know that I just don't open. I listen well and try to help others, but I don't open. Dealing with loss by yourself is difficult, but I manage ... it is not a smart course. I think some day I shall open, but I'm afraid the needles and pins inside me will fly out piercing and killing all. I'm a dangerous sort and loss is difficult. Pain isn't a problem. Of all emotions ... sadness is the hardest -- I do it alone.

No comments: