Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

dweeb reality

Okay adventurers ... you are going on an Ameriquest
by the way ... how do you invest?
Er, uh ... I mean in your gold pieces ... uh ... do you use a bank? Perhaps if you read the scroll in your bag
it reads in both dwarfish and elvish ... pleaz vesit www ameriquest com vor best performanss

Are you taking sponsorship ... selling out? No, no ... maybe ... yes! Okay?! It's not like a have a career here! If you're playing AD&D, you can't have a job starting at 8 am nor family nor life, right?
Okay ... point made.

Monkeyjack and I mentioned a dive of a bar, locally, thinking that the bulk of those there were, well ... seeking inebriation and short-lived-only companionship. Okay ... people ... how many of you are married (Monkeyjack interjecteed this section) maybe 5%. Of those, who of you have kids? 1% of those people are found ... irresponsible "father-like" person. Thank you.

Growing up and growing old are different, in so many ways. I'm not really grown up, but the bar thing --- no way. I am a codger ... a perv prowling if I go there or the old folks who don't know better. Why do I feel this way, because I can remember my wonders of people when I was 20s and at the bars. That guy's 34 ... what's he doing here? I, of course, am older than that ... making me fossil in that context.

It's not that I'm bored, but it holds no intrigue. I wouldn't go there. Hey, the groups I like(d) are has-beens ... on the spiralling route on their out. Hey ... we're here in smaller venue megabar with the cover charge of outlandish coupled with blastphemous drink prices.

Tangent: a delightful woman I met at the bars ... so many decades ago when I went, ordered orange juice. I must have really liked her, paying $5 a glass ... you'd think it was gold, no ... not alcoholic and bought by the gallon. Imagine if that was the choice for a designated driver ... that's what I'd choose over water ... not soda -- yuck!

Anyway, back to bar robbery. The band plays old songs the younger people don't know and hate and the older ones -- drunk off their gourd try to outvoice the lead singers. A wonder of exploitation. That's not my thing. A sound system, fine for mp3 or the like, repetitious beats are ill-suited to metal rock or quieted accapella. A good example of this is a widely visited, but let's-face it county fair in the fall ... ZZ TOP. 70s to early 90s ... then nadda. I was a nice run guys ... playing out in 99 or 2000 in county fair ... ouch! It's the music, but pride might conflict with that, right? Of course, that is love for music, unlike the "samplers" who "sample" music and make it "their own" with [profain lyrics here] and then the "essence" or nuance of the original.

No comments: