Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

comparing literary and fictional characters

Which would you fit, or rather, which would fit you?
Would you examine Revenge of the Nerds ... Jocks vs Nerds? Star Wars ... choas and order vs evil and good -- neither pure? Muder on the Orient Express, each with his own agenda and reason but never brought to justice? Hall of Justice vs Hall of Doom ... rule the world, protect it? Catcher in the Rye, seeking an understanding that you can't comprehend? Chronicles of Narnia, justice, servitude, love prevailing? Lord of the Rings platonic love, ordained servitude and martyrdom, supreme intelligence and sinful negligence to simplify a terrible task?

I guess I'm Wile E. Coyote pursuing Brain's conquest of the world. You can never have enough explosives and I'm too egotistical to see the direct and indirect folly in my plots and plans that will eventually blow up in my face.
Summary: grand plans, incomplete thinking, eventual destruction of my plans and myself -- never rich, never famous, never much but an interesting annecdote

No comments: