Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Friends Flambe

Monkeyjack and Scott were having a party. At that time I had two bags of liquor -- port-a-bar and mixed really bad drinks. I mixed a typical one and was drinking. I walked by the firepit and said, "This drink sucks!" I splashed it onto the fire.
Little did I know that the drink was, well, highly flammable. It roared and, I understand was orange enough to pierce the blinds and shine onto the wall. I don't think it had a sound.
My friends, now on their backs did make sounds, cursing me, the situation, and calling in pain from mild leg fires.
Uh ... oops! I could have done the fireball, I just didn't know it.

At some other event, I tried a flaming shot. I had a mustache at the time and, well, fire and hair don't mix. I didn't blow out the shot first or fast enough and I got to smell wonderful burnt hair the rest of the night. Yumm!

In a little known event, my X liked to cook chicken. At one time I did eat chicken. There was a mess of grease on the grill, as she had covered the grill with foil. It was flaming up and I thought that, after pulling the chicken, I would put out the flames with water. Dumb idea! It moved the flaming oil to -- the siding. I continued to spray the siding until the fire moved, now weaker to the porch. It eventually went out. I thereafter had a different approach to oil-based fires.

No comments: