Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

death of a tooth

Odd, but true: I was working at a video store and they had the typical gumball machine in the vestibule. The vestibule was tiny and open often to the cold air of winter. I went out one night, got a piece of gum and it broke my tooth. Now, how could this be? It would be from the following three factors: old gum, cold gum, possible weakness of tooth.

I don't have tattoos. I don't wear jewelry. I have scars are marks of surviving stupidity. They include: brow cut -- glasses broken on ice; forehead scar -- slamming into corner sustaining concussion; three forearm grease burns -- discoloration of skin (lack of usable pigment; wicked-looking shoulder scar from surgery; right elbow burn mark from late infection during healing; two other surgery scars; permanent indentation to right thumb from large and deep razor blade cut (pushing on pointy end); mild scalp marks from foundry work (source of elbow burn); slight rise in left palm from stitches; and permanent red, raised mark on chest from Calli the cat.

Calli -- the musical Calle, who made noises when you held her, which she did not like. She let me know, in no uncertain terms, that she didn't want held. I have that mark still today (from 1989). I think my marks tell their own stories. I don't need tattoos.

No comments: