Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

circling the coffee shops

Parting from the typical fare of beer, MR and I popped about getting coffees. He really liked the vending machine at the library, but wanted to try other coffees -- laden with flavorings. I believe he liked white mocha, of the selections we got, the best.

In his mind, a guy sitting at a computer, who asked us how to get to Bluffton, IN was cruising ... uh, and not the net. It wasn't clear to me. Sorry ... not gay -- wouldn't anyway.

Anyway, the second stop there was the lady barista who looked very similar to a woman who works at Applebees -- our normal stop on Wednesdays. She wasn't her, but I had to work to block that thought from my mind. It was loading up with people later on -- 7 something. There were some kids looking at MR and I while we played chess. I was reminded of the vultures circling pool tables at bars. I discovered that they weren't interested in playing, but rather in staring, I guess.

MR beat me in around 20 moves (each player making 20 moves), perhaps less. To finish the evening, we watched Renenge of the Sith, finding new critiques and voice-overs. Maia (cute little white dog who has a Mickey Mouse look when playful) wanted to play, for hours, and hours, and hours, and then some. Toward the end of the evening, she was prying through my jacket pockets, looking for goodies -- where I often keep them. It is odd, perhaps, that I buy dog treats, yet don't have a dog of my own. There are just so many around. I guess, now, I also need to get cat treats for Cerpicio and Paula, as they have 2 cats.

A tip -- especially for those who don't often drink coffee -- don't drink late at night and don't drink much ... no expresso. I'm a little energetic, but am growing sleepy.

1 comment:

Cerpicio said...

Go into a gas station and see if they have the Folger's dispensers. I know Marathons have them, but others do too. Get the White Chocolate Caramel Cappacino. Good stuff!


-- C.