Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

car service

or is it ... owned?!

My car was not holding a charge, which meant two very likely possibilities: the battery was bad or the alternator was bad.
I pulled my weak car into Auto Zone, at my father's suggestion, as they check batteries at no cost. They tried a diagnostic ... and the engine wouldn't run long enough to complete the test. They pulled the battery and charged it, then tested it -- taking four hours. After this time, I called them to find out what, if anything they determined. They reported that the battery was ... okay.

That's bad. An alternator costs much more to install. To couple this problem, they didn't re-install the battery before they closed. I now have no car, must wait until it opens AND someone installs the battery before I can drive it to get it repaired. In the meantime I have a job in the afternoon -- thankfully within walking distance and one all day on Friday. Joy of joys --- spend my I don't have on this -- and waiting more time ... of course.

God loves me, luck hates me.

No comments: