Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Winners of holiday contests

I believe that Keith and his family are the winners, or would be if there was a contest for greatest number of lights on a tree. This year, he stated that he put on 25-100 bulb strings on his tree. That's 2500 lights (at around 75' strands = 1500' of string). Way to go! That's on, I think, a 7.5' tree. If we use the formula of (1/3 r^2 h pi)*.2
I would use .2 being the usable area within the tree, as there are open spaces within any given tree -- artifical are more uniform spaces.
I believe we would have about 180' to string. That would be about one string used for every 7.2' of area or around one string for about every 3 branches (lower branches and upper branches being of different lengths, therefore the math doesn't dictate practicality. Check my math ... please!

Mike might win another contest: greatest amount spent on old ornament, c/o eBay, last year for the Enterprise. You'll have to write to him to find out the price and year -- I think '94 re-release ... I don't know.

One of my sisters might very well win the ludicrous stocking award -- around 50, which includes the twenty-one immediate family members including the dogs. The mantel looks like a line of red/green, no longer discernable as stockings, except the some half names are legible.

She also goes over board on cooking and snack foods. The YMCA should be my home thereafter, working off the pounds and pounds I ate then gained.

No comments: