Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, December 16, 2005

goto

dinner ... be recognized

be greated

15 minutes of fame, and then some.
Two students bade me holiday greetings.

Also, no animosity in her voice, freshmen came into the school were I was today and reminded me that I wrote referrals to them. Sadly, I don't remember that and her details were faulty, as I wasn't at the mentioned school during the year she mentioned, but she and her friend bade me well anyway.
...
that being said,
for fame I'm not working, but rather hoping that every following generation is greater, smarter, and more prepared than the last. Moreover, that they are broader thinkers than those before.

Remembering school, clearly we were taught two dimensionally -- limited in application of knowledge and versatility of what is known and usable.

Stupid questions do exist, but generally are born of ignorance of not focusing or of not listening to that question alreayd being answered or more wickedly, the desire of the fool to be fed the knowledge without having to think or remember.
---
A wonderful contrast to this is a student who intentionally leaves his metal aid (walker) in favor of walking and growing stronger. A stong spirit defies what other might see as a weakness, instead is more like having two lefts -- a rarity, but not diminishing.

No comments: