Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, December 16, 2005

I normally wouldn't post this, but



I believe I did get a chance to teach her. The first student I remember no longer being around -- specifically, dying was in 2nd grade (Jan.) at the time of her young death, due to heart conditions. Micheala.

It is disheartening. In the above case, case managers had a large workload, in helping the family and local community, as well as helping the students cope with the situation. At the time of this writing, there is no addtional information. Often, custodial battles bring abductions, then other times, there are other reasons. Here, I believe it is the latter.

It doesn't help when parents are routinely late in picking up the kids and getting them to school. Some students have such an erratic routine that the term no longer applies. Doubtfully anyone who reads this will see / recognize her, but it serves the point of doing the right thing for all people, especially those who need it most.

I personally believe in bounties on criminals. Sometimes: wanted live; sometimes wanted dead or alive; sometimes wanted subdued and recognizable (i.e.: dead okay)

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Amendment:

I know that, while I might not be notified, there are students (people/persons foremost) that have affected me well enough, making me a better perosn that I would attend services for them, despite my limited experience in their lives, for some have affected as much as growing, in that you cannot overnight become 2" shorter as your femurs suddenly forgot their length.

People are like that ... leaving not a scar, but a positive growth with you, which is not something that passes away with the next year.

The premise of teaching is learning.