Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Making pay stand still

Well, at work there were several times when "productive time" stopped. Oh, let's set a meeting here and talk while everyone is getting killed with the business. Yeah... that's good. You get paid for that do you?

Checking on the minutia I found missing materials. I am not required to start on my extra project until Monday, but I wanted to get a start on it. It was a good thing I started ... I was missing a valuable piece of paper. I made a call and got ... yeah, I'll bring that in.

In logistical-practical speak, that's a 40% yes on the maybe continuum. Had I hear more, "er"s, "uh"s, "yea"s, "uh huh"s, I'd know it had dropped to low double digits. Thankfully I don't have to have the paper, but the corporate will send me an email, "where is it".

They get a lot out of me, others ... hard to say.

The noob, or newbie, they have -- bad pick, average IQ, overego, underachiever. He doesn't even know how to schmooze. Now, normally, the average IQ egotist gets into management and stays, but this dude won't turn sycophant quickly enough. I'm not trained as fast because I don't, "kiss butt".

No comments: