Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hell, different than bitching

Well ... I guess inadvertantly, I chose sides. There are those who direct and those who do. I made good with those who do and in doing so, put up a wall to those who direct. The bad thing is ... I'm supposed to be one of those who direct. So, "in madness [I] dwell"+ I am the wellspring of work and ambition and I put my foot in a cast with this. Actually, I know that the bigger cheifies and see I'm a sweaty brow man who goes home dirty from a hard day's work and is quick to find solutions, also ever ready to complete some project that needs attending without having to ask.

The other two trainees might have a more slippery slope in that one is slow in the academic arena and the other is set to have a personal fallout that will undoubtedly affect his work. So, "Stand or fall", as the Fixx would sing ... or something odd patched together from Lt. Frank Drebin of Police Squad.++

The other fly in the ointment at work is the re-introduction of a guy who's arrogant, cocky, young, and the management likes him. So, he's protected, an orphan boy of sorts. [key in "Consider yourself ... at home"] He's like the fifth-level underDuke of Toledo, a far cry from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He's here to stay and it wouldn't shock me to find that they might push him into management. He's got the bully part down just right, but the tact and being a man ... well, his young and lacks it. The guys in management they have now are not yet men, despite their chronological age. When I see a couple of them get into "whose is bigger" or "pissing contests", they are a far-cry from men.

+ "Thing That Should Not Be", Metallica
++ "But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.", Naked Gun

No comments: