Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, June 04, 2007

truncated salary

While the hours are long, it appears to many at work that they have a truncated salary -- missing a zero to the left of the decimal place. Granted, I understand that a few of the people there are in year n* without a raise, earning the same rate as after 90-day probationary period.

Now, if they stayed, the job isn't bad, but I'd have to say that the company or individual store should financially acknowledge people for expanding their abilities and being a hard and versatile worker. That may not be the case at work.

Now I see from where the bonuses come -- shafting the employees.

If that is the case, which will become clear when I am more vested into the next level of training, I will have to double my efforts to get out of that place. Already, I feel a conspirator in fabrication or a willing deceiver.

* one person is year 2 and another -- around year 4

1 comment:

MR said...

They'll be happy to add another zero to the left of the decimal, ALL THE WAY to the left. Now they'll make $05.25 an hour.

I think you should help out the workers in a Zorro or Robin Hood like way by continuing to work there, then distributing your bonuses amongst the workers, including a big party when your check arrives.