Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

trip2fame

I'm not blogging about the turkey toxins that make you sleep like an old dog, but rather in working with people and making a positive effect on them. Sometimes, when I'm up front around non-associates, I can predict people's needs -- as they are there continuously. What disconcerns me is that I either have clones or I have a mannequin face that allows others to see some resemblence to someone they should know.

It's on the tip of their tongue ... they strive for it ... look at me and think, I should know that guy. More often than not, they say nothing and go on, but still -- the momentary stare. The other thing, when I'm tired, my more-perfected English lapses into what people believe is Irish. My freckles likely add to -- he's gotta be Irish. I don't sound like I'm from Indiana. When I speak I have intentionally clear wording, so -- I sound different.

I think I got that from wanting kids to speak English, not Urbanese.

Nope ... never been there, sorry to write (or say).

No comments: