Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

tides ebb

At work, when the business will eventually pick up, the teens are leaving like migratory birds. Well, no wonder! Anyway, I was thinking about the actual "management" side of things and have some ideas on retaining quality persons for as long as possible until they go do something real with their lives. In one case, a great guy is leaving for college. I certainly wouldn't postpone that, but I would try to find a way to get him work where he's going. He's coming to my hometown. After two years with the compnay, he discovered the disparities in persons and the somewhat ambiguous promotions and salary increases and caps. For this reason, he was certainly disinclined to seek re-employment with the company at a FW branch.

He's a good man, sad to see him go. It will be great to see him accomplish his goals, even if they change from what he wants to do now.

I see things at work in terms of efficiency, and more utilization of personnel. I have also seen the too-laborsome process for inventory and cash control. While it may be the one, "best" method, it's too long and stupid to be efficient. I will submit in writing, on a time when I can/am willing to dedicate hours to inventory strategies. I still plan to seek another place, but will get at high on the ladder as I can before I go.

* written intentionally with many ambiguities

No comments: