Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

overview of CSI

crap ... complete crap

While not at work, I spent some time with my mom ... she watched CSI

It was, without a doubt, a graphic comic/cartoon.
Here's someone looking through a microscope -- action music ... intrigue, she shows someone else.

"I'm a criminalist", that's why I'm walking around in casual clothes at a crime scene visited fifteen times by thirty people and then go to a poorly lit interior room to examine evidence. I also have the power to arrest people, conduct interviews, mess around with evidence, and be the "head brain" around the place.

Apart from the complete melodrama soap opera feel of it all, all stupid story, mindnumbing acting, and far-fetched "so-called science", you're left with cut-scenes and complete logic flaws and something close to transporters. I guess woman can't watch Star Trek, but they will watch CSI -- same sci-fi, same acting, just different backdrop.

In hindsight, I suggest that Star Trek is a greater show, in that it didn't pretend to be real.

No comments: