Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Post-mortem accident

On the highway, on my way home last night, I saw five firetrucks, many police vehicles, and the Westbound traffic completely stopped. In the "center" of it all was crumpled stillskin -- an S-10 like thing looking cartoonishly burned, smashed, and chewed like Godzilla tasted it, stepped on it and spit fire on it. I doubt seriously that the driver or anyone in the hulk of a thing survived. It really wasn't clear what happened. I would hazzard to guess too fast of truck vs heavy semi, end of story.

On my way to work earlier, I smelled a foul wind, not from me, but the semi next to me. At the light, I saw a fire at the axle of the truck. I was happy to pull away at the green ... the driver apparently felt "something was wrong" and pulled over, I noticed in my review mirror. I wonder if his brakes were on fire or what.

Thinking of fire, I got burnt a few times at work by hot items and hot liquid. There is a silly woman at work who spanked me twice also, so I geuessed I got my bottom warmed, not burnt, also. Despite my great volume of anti-persperant and anti-deodorant -- I stank at the end of the day. I don't want to know how hot summer will be. Today, I'll try lots more "pit juice" and aroma spray (cologne).

I drove with my windows down the whole way home -- anyone behind me for the first 10 miles had the smell of some guy who worked quite a bit, somoewhere ahead of them, mixed with the local smells of factories and animal manure.

No comments: