Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

How work will remember me

Bed hard.
Room cold.
Food tasteless.

It's about time you got out of here, you've been compplaining ever since you got here.

From an old joke about a man who enters a monastary and may only utter two words each ten years. After thirty years, he quits the order. That's how I feel now, I don't complain really, but rather am trying to find solutions to situations. I am seemingly annoyed, but am really thinking of solving something I consider to be a problem. I don't complain about it, but rather try to find a solution.

This is especially important when the company follows the "1 Minute Manager guide". Don't complain, find solutions.

1 comment:

MR said...

What?

WHAT?!

"I don't complain really"

WHAT?

Can you say that again, because... I don't believe my fuckin' ears!

You might be able to claim that you're trying to GIVE UP complaining, but let's not say it like it's past/present and future. Your defining characteristic is bitching malcontent. You've worn down the end of your finger pointing in every direction. It's the government's fault, it's the President's fault... really, anyone who assumed any bit of authoritiy and responsibility, it's THEIR fault! fault fault fault, blame, blame, blame.

If a return to management eliminates that characteristic it will be, hands down, the best thing that ever happened to you.