Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Dorkis

I was "stationed" as it were in an area with which I have little practical experience. Well, trial by fire, I'm there. At one point, I asked, "What do you use?" I got no response. Again I asked ... nothing. I randomly pulled up something, "do you use this?" "No."

Apparently some methods of training require you to guess, make mistakes and be called out on them, much like "Office Space", where showing initiitve is punished. The GM is better, but the lowers are, well ... one in particular has an unkind streak that lies just below a young face.

I am an old fart in relation to many others there. The other M's there are twenties. The GM is older than I am. I am learning to cope with the many inconsistencies, thinking to myself how I would like to have my own place to run it differently in many respects.

No comments: