Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, January 26, 2007

traveling back to the 70s for fast food


I went to Purdue, West Lafayette, today. On my way there I had essentially Rap that I didn't like, country to which I don't listen or 70s. I chose '70s music and near Lafayette (not West), there was a 10-mile fast food oil smell that was unavoidable. Now, I didn't see any fast food in the area where I smelled it. It was quite odd.

I heard around 75 minutes of 70s music .. feeling like I went back in time. I turned it to another station that mentioned DVDs, so I know I kept in this time period. Near Logansport I smelled the most wicked batch of sulfer ammonia -- undiscovered 2006 Easter eggs or the wonder of industry and farms -- as speculated by my niece, whom I picked up at Purdue. There are both pig and cattle farms there, as well as a wide section of river and industries. 25 miles East of that are quarries and a US-24 Mount Stinky, aka landfill about .4 miles off the highway.

Delphi had a neat dedication that I shot while stopped at a light.

Here is an ammo, gunshop on the highway. Was there thinking involved here?

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

Goes to show ya. I grew up in Logansport, and I certainly don't remember the old Easter egg/ammonia smell. Guess I was just used to it. Or else my hometown has REALLY gone downhill. Yikes.