Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Sgt. Naked

Yeah, well ... whatever!

Sgt. poses for Playboy and "didn't do anything wrong". Well, technically, she's right. Wearing dog tags and playing to the fact she's a Sgt. was a bad call. I can only guess that she and her family needed a bit of money, hence the spread. If she is docked pay or discharge the military will suffer a blow at a time when it doesn't need more bad news.

Timing is everything. I suppose she might have accepted it due to the timing, "I dare you to discharge me!"

In any case, the military, if smart needs to bite the bullet on this one and let it go, then re-write codes of conduct.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't need to rewrite them, it's conduct unbecoming an officer, easily, and no matter how you slice it. Your overly cavelier attitude toward women was portrayed right at the beginning of the message guessing that she was doing it for the GOOD of her family! She NEEDED the money to feed her poor, starving family. What the hell? Is it so unfathomable for you that she did it because she LIKES to show off her body and feels lucky to get paid to do it? That would be a little more characteristic of the gung-ho attitude of someone who chooses the military as their vocation. I was talking to someone else the other day who showed me a picture of a girl dumping her cleavage on the table for the guy sitting across from her to take a picture. I asked about the girl and my friend said "oh, this guy Bob was there with the camera and she was pretty toasted, so I think Bob MADE her do it." ??? We really need to update our language when it comes to this stuff. Women are FORCED to do things, they only do them for altruist reasons. This is sugar and spice syndrome and paints the picture of women victimized when they are making clear choices. I know it's hard to believe, but women can be bad just like men can. Welcome to the 21st century, you should find another outlet for your misguided chivalry, like by joining the SPCA or something.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I didn't have to speculate, in her first TV interview (with Fox News) she says it was the fulfillment of a dream she has had since she was a child.