Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Burning bridges before I cross them

Somehow, in my efforts to find a job, I am not getting return calls. I am purging opportunities before I reach them and I don't know how. I've tried silence and tried verbosity, but usually stick to the hard course of middle ground. I "ain't found" + squat as it were. I referred to poison earlier, so I applied that to myself and I'll be buggered if I can shake it or lose it. I get the image in my mind, "Oh, we've heard of you!"++

+ racially rude scene in Spaceballs combing the desert.

++ [a little long-winded story as to why this phrase is funny] Friends and I used to work at a video store and watched hundreds of videos. Not a one of us was Randall (from Clerks). TJ ("You call him Doctor Jones") was in the store when a preview tape was playing (as if a trailer was going to make anyone suddenly charge after the movie being advertised). Hellraiser was on with the quote, "Your pain will be legendary, even in Hell". TJ quipped that upon arrival in hell, the other damned would remark, "Oh. We've heard of you!"

As far as the drones being controlled by a force, I guess some people did star up at the screens and pursue the movie advertised. If you ever have a retail job for any length of time, you might get a different feel for the general public. In Dante's perspective, consumers are the lustful, which are unsettled and on winds of desire, just beyond the demon secretary of hell, who places you. I don't mean all cosumers, but some are as controllable as water from a spigot.

No comments: