Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Charity, what I'm lacking

I understand that a few months ago TS's folks had some difficulty with getting a house. TS & MS bought them a house close to them. That is charity. I suppose if I'm going to admit jealousy and envy, here is a case for it. That is what I would like to be able to do. That's ability to offer and give charity and then doing it.

If I had other options and money, my goal would be to find and make jobs for more people. After a long experience of looking for a job and being disheartened and having years of underpayment, I'd like to give to people what I was lacking -- a job to keep you afloat, paying you about what is due.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could do that. But if you were a business owner you'd have to walk past the people on your doorstep, resume in hand, having beat back the crowd and asking for jobs in order to go find the people who really "needed" a job. Which doesn't make sense, the people who NEED those jobs demonstrate it by camping on your doorstep and rising to the occassion. Their effort demonstrates their need. And you wouldn't want someone working for you who had a defeatist attitude. Initiative eventually yields right place @ right time. As they say, Luck is a force of physics rendered from skill and persistence.