Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

More selective viewing

I have been intersted in why, with some degree of talent, movies just reek like 6-month litter. Using IMDb.com, I have found directors have amazing ability to get actors together for really bad movies. Moreover, the writers have jaded histories as well.

I saw Titan, A.E. listed in an unrelated search and wanted to know a bit more about it.
Don Bluth directed it -- it stank! I liked American Tail 2, but that ends it for my liking of his work.
The two main writers put together such great movies as Anaconda and Speed 2. I think, much like parent advisory on movies, they should put, viewer advisory, like who made the thing! If you knew that, would you watch it, proabably not.

I liken this to Christmas with the Kranks from the director of Bi-Centennial Man+, Monkeybone, Jingle All the Way.++

I guess I just want to be better informed, a more informed consumer.

+ very long-winded, high-tech story of Little Mermaid, which generally nobody watched twice.
++ while parts of this movie are entertaining, it is not a good movie.

No comments: