Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

And now for something completely different, a lie to avoid prosecution

If God can't help you win a case with killing people, who can? Ah, blaming God ... it's great because many people are too timid to approach the subject that the accused is outright evil. Well, you see if you state that God commanded you to kill them, then any jury member who disagrees is either a heretic or evil him/herself. Peer pressure works and the jury will find this person not guilty by reason of mental defect.

Now, this then means that they either believe that she believes God told her to kill or that she is making it up. Strange, God commanding people to kill. A more interesting point is: if a juror doesn't believe in God, then surely she couldn't have heard the voice. If the juror believes in God, then surely God would not command to kill. So, if the woman believes in God, then she knows not to kill, as that is not God's way. The woman has no case, but sadly juries are not that bright.

After the sobs and tears and her fears and hopes, it comes down to the fact that she pitched her children naked off a bridge knowing that she was going to do it and that they could not swim. She removed their clothes, even on a six year old, who might defy her on this issue, as at that age one would wonder "why Mommy would want me naked".

If the God defense doesn't work, I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyer played a wild card -- post pardem depression. While this is a true affliction and that the degree of its effect on a woman is not always predictible, nor the duration of it, it would be "a mulligan" for court proceedings. I would call foul and bat the lawyer out of the park.

I again mention that those lawyers pursuing this inanity plea should be required to board and feed the accused until the conclusion of the trial. Should the accused, for whatever reason, be remanded to state custody, then too would be the lawyer. I think that would just about put an end to the insanity plea. Especially the "temporary insanity" plea, which is generally "super angry" defense. Yeah, I should be able to sue Craftsman for making the hammer to great that when I got super angry, I hit my own hand. I was suffering under temporary insanity, so I cannpt be held accountable for my actions.

School would have been so much simpler with this defense. Sorry, the homework was too long and boring, so I lapsed into temporary insanity and spit on it and submitted it anyway. My friend here didn't do it at all, but falls under the same guidelines of zero accountability due to emotional distress of having to do it, instead of surfing on the internet and chatting and text messaging.

1 comment:

MR said...

I didn't read what you wrote here, frankly it was too long and probably too thoughtful for the article I just started to read. The verdict is, there are some crimes for which the circumstances do not apply, and this is one of them. Insane or not, throw away the key. And if she ever does stir to a moments lucidity one day, she should want to kill herself, or at least agree with the verdict. Nobody does that and plays the victim. No mother would do that, even with a gun pointed at her. She's now officially a monster, whether she's an insane monster or not does not concern me, she has spent her ticket here on Earth.