Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

job search engines that work

but, piggy-back on others, such as yahoo hotjobs ....

Job Bank USA, which is also your state if you select it, JobBank[your state].
Thingamajobs also works pretty well.

I have found that most of the postings on these places are more for professionals, in that experience and degrees are required. A few others I have used are not as picky, such as regional help wanted, Career Builder, Monster Jobs.

I also have found that these sites are all glitchy in their own way. What irks me most is that a site can show a job, the link leads you to another site, which then has a link to the compnay itself, through which you apply. What a waste of my time! Moreover, there are postings that lead you to employment agents that take 25-50% of what you could be paid, leaving you with substandard pay and little/no benefits. A good example of this would be Man Power, which could be dubbed as ManEater or Abuseof Power. I worked for a short time, for Kelly Services and if any employer is smart they won't use them. While I was there, they were the least efficient place I'd seen. They paid me for at least 10 hours of sitting doing nothing, but waiting. I wasn't the only one and I wasn't the one who waited the longest. I know what they paid me and I know they take a chunk. I would highly recommend that companies stay away from them, since they are very wasteful.

No comments: