Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Who's the guilty party?

One of the funniest conversations with a woman, assistant manager, I had was, "... Who put the penis on the Tom Hanks?"

She instantly started laughing hard about it. She spent five whole minutes not asking, building up the courage to ask me, who put the "penis" on the Tom Hanks standup poster for the Burbs. There was indeed, as I then looked, a penis on the Tom Hanks where a PJ fly might be. Upon closer inspection, it was a sticker that went on a different movie cover. This movie cover was Bad Taste, an EARLY Peter Jackson film. The "penis" was actually a finger sticker meant to make the cover a little less rude that the alien flipping off viewers.

I saw the movie at the library and was instantly reminded of this stupid thing. I think the penis being on the standup for a couple of days wasn't nearly as funny as this poor woman building up the nerve to ask me. I didn't know, later it was told to me by many, the guilty party (TS).

No comments: