Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

UAW

For lack of a different union offer, as part of my job acceptance to one job -- I joined UAW. I didn't mind that the union stablized wages, but I thought it odd -- considering what I did. In my several union jobs, I found that too often, unions protected the ill-suited for real work. I would suggest that 20-60 % of those "protected" by unions were indeed incapable of holding a different job. Moreover, fighting companies to get them to pay wages and benefits for a "deisel fitter"+ that exceeded medical practioner's salaries was unreal. I'm glad that it finally (decades later) comes back to bite them in the ass. The question the media hasn't asked, are the dues staying the same or increasing? That is the right question.

Ford purging jobs after GM purges jobs; odd. No, not really odd -- just late in coming.

+ joke about a man getting a higher pay for a skilled job, not recognizing a line inspector for panties, "deze will fit her"

No comments: