Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

pat response

Politicians everywhere are stating, "I had my doubts when I stood in ovation clapping the military strike into Iraq". I clearly was mislead with misleading information, some of which I can't expose due to national security. I can condem the war in Iraq and put Bush on a spike. My comrads and I are rally against anything that popularity polls indicate is negative and jumping on board with the positive.

Yeah, war was bad idea. Yeah! Bring our boys home (when we're successful and look good), yeah! Social Security reform -- yeah! We don't have to have solutions, we only have to underscore the negative. It's Comedy Central's roast of George W. Bush; where most of both parties (this time unlovingly) roast him for things unpopular and overplayed by the media.

The rats leap from the cat (Bush) and deny any involvement. And thus ... the cat, having lost the race forever chases the rat. (Chinese astrology based on the great animal race to cross the river. The rat rode on the cat's back and leapt off at the last minute finishing 12th -- there were only 12 places allowed).

I don't like politics. I rather view myself as Rah from Plattoon, pointing out to Taylor that he came in admiring Barnes for the longest time, only now to try to crucify him. In the movie, Barnes died, Elias died, Taylor was injured terribly including burns, and Rah remained ever angry, ever ready.

1 comment:

MR said...

for those of you who aren't following the theme of anger, there is one.